Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Work In Progress

I'm astonished at the relationship my grandmother and I have grown into. For the duration of my life, we've obviously known each other existed, but for some reason never made the effort to get closer to one another. As we were talking the other day, I realized that it was the divorce. When my mom divorced my dad, I also got divorced from the rest of the family. This would explain why I don't know anyone from that side of the family. So when I go somewhere, all I hear is: "oh my, you've gotten so tall," or "look at the nice young man you've grown into," or "you're so cute, you look just like your dad." Um, pause. I look nothing like the failure.

Anyway, I'm writing because I'm grateful that I still have a grandmother to spend time with, and I'm happy that we're establishing a relationship, and getting involved with each others lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment