Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2008-2009 school year

Ah- The school year is almost at its end.

I feel so accomplished- like I've done excellent. I was really in for a rude awakening. I assumed that this would be much like home schooling; you just show up and pass. I tried that the first couple of weeks of the first semester and I fell flat on my face. My dumbass tried taking night classes, which I learned were a big no go. I tried taking 7am classes, which I learned were a big fuckthaaat. It really took me a while to take full control of myself and get to the point where I felt comfortable with school, like I used to be. Beginning track, I really thought I would have it easy at school. Pretty good on the track team should get you somewhere...right? Wrong. If anything, I was forced to work twice as hard. All my teachers disliked athletes because they felt we thought we were better than the rest of the schools population.

I've overcome procrastination. This was my main goal. It took me longer than I initially hoped for, but it happened. I think procrastination makes the difference in the quality of a students work. Don't wait until the last minute, and the work will be what it is supposed to be.

When I first started track- I sucked. I thought I was the shit, I never went to practice, and it took placing 4th of 8 in my very first race to make me realize I needed to step my game up. I'll never forget coming around that last 100 meters when my legs just died out of nowhere. How embarassing. If i didn't sprint the first 300 meters I probably would have placed last. Once I started listening to the coaches, I started placing higher and gained the reputation I wanted for myself.

I've learned that no one will do anything for you. Bribing your teachers with dates, sex, etc got me nowhere :( . I've written so many essays, done countless public speeches, projects, research papers, finals, exams, you name it. I complained for the majority of the semester. But, through all the complaining, and rigorous assignments, I finished, and I finished with a 4.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment